Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Family

This weekend will mark a huge milestone for my family... my little sister is getting married! My sister and I have been stuck like glue to each other since the day she was born. She is literally my best friend. I'm very happy for her and my future brother-in-law is wonderful. To make the day even more special, I am the matron of honor. I'm just so honored that she chose me to be by her side as she makes this transition.
Almost all of my last minute to-do list is done, the only thing left is ironing our outfits for both the grooms dinner and the wedding. Since I LOATH ironing, it will end up being done Thursday night, unless I can somehow talk mom into it... Clearly, her love of ironing did not get passed down to me, or any of my sisters for that matter.
The day will be amazing and my sister will look beyond beautiful but, one thing will be missing - the same thing that was missing for my wedding - our dad. He passed in 2005 of a brain aneurysm. I know his presence will be with us that day as it is on most days. The emptiness that we all feel from losing him will just sting a little bit more that day.
I'm sure there will be a few tears, but mostly laughter, lots of smiling and of course dancing!

TTFN-
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment